Sunday 3 October 2010

From where i last left off, we had another week of Fine Art among us, and already that week has whizzed round and finished. Over the last week, the studio time was very self-directed, in that everyone was just getting on with what they wanted to do and create. I really like this individualised self-study, as it allows us to focus on what we are passionate about doing and creates a completely vibrant spectrum of work around the room; all the work differed so much so that no matter what area of the studio you entered, you were seeing something different. Over the last week, i stuck to my bird idea in which i'd draw birds over abstract backgrounds, but i ended up using some photographs i had previously taken on a film camera which came out very strangely. I chose these certain photographs because they weren't clear about who or what was being focused on, and with the acetates placed on top, it created a very diverse piece. I also ended up adding the palette i used for each one to create a more painted-form instead of having the work look as though it was a piece of illustration.


This first photograph shows a variety of the work i produced over the second week of the Fine Art rotation. I kept a strong focus on the bird theme and didn't really venture from it, so i could push it to it's full potential in what i could have made.




This second photo shows my main pieces i was proud of; the random photograph ones. I chose to leave these ones on the wall for the Crit on friday. Sadly, the space they were positioned in got invaded by surrounding students also fighting for wall space, which ruined the effect of my work. However, when it comes to assessment, i'll find a wider space and keep the photographs very much separate from each other for a better effect.



Evidently, the camera on my phone had some paint on or something to make the photographs look steamy - soz, mate.

To conclude, Fine Art was a mint rotation in that the tutors were absolutely sound and helpful where possible and the fact we were able to do our own thing as well as learn along the way really opened my eyes to the possibilities that lie within that rotation. Being selected once again to have my work assessed has also made me feel really confident that this is where i belong. 
Next up, Vis Com; let's see what you've got.

.x

No comments:

Post a Comment